I just love chicken salad, and this Almond Chicken Salad, with it’s toasted almonds and sweet grapes is the best! It’s not only super easy to make, but it has so much flavor. This is the perfect go-to recipe for chicken salad, and if you use a rotisserie chicken like I do, it’s even easier!
How to Make Easy Almond Chicken Salad
- First, pick up a rotisserie chicken from the store (: Of course you can cook a chicken if you’d like but I love short cuts whenever possible! Chop the chicken into bite sized pieces. (I usually wind up with about 3 cups). If you have a little less, just add a little more of the other ingredients and it all balances out (:
- Slice up two hard boiled eggs.
- Thinly slice the celery.
- Slice the grapes (you can see here that I used both red and green grapes. If you’d prefer one kind over the other, that’s fine too–I just wanted the extra color!
- Toast the slivered almonds (I do this by broiling on a cookie sheet in the oven for a few minutes). This brings out more of the flavor.
- Combine everything in a large bowl, stirring in the mayonnaise. Adjust the mayo amount to your liking…some like more mayo than others–I like a light coating. Salt and pepper to taste.
Good things are happening here…
After everything is well combined and salted & peppered to your liking, chill it for a couple of hours before serving. (I’ll admit that I often can’t wait that long…but if we’re going to be proper about it, chicken salad is meant to be served chilled.(: Plus those additional hours really allow the flavors to mix and mingle and develop even more.
One final look at this bowl of deliciousness. Honestly, nobody would ever guess how easy this recipe is to make. If you can spare a few minutes to chop up your grapes and celery… and boil up a couple of eggs, you have dinner (or lunch), plus leftovers for tomorrow. Hooray for leftovers! SO good.
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken (Usually yields approx 3 cups)
- 2-3 Celery Stalks, thinly sliced
- 1.5-2 cups (total) of red and/or green grapes (we like to use both for extra color)
- 2/3 cups slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (adjust to your liking)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Hard boil two eggs, and slice.
- Slice chicken into bite sized pieces. Salt and pepper to taste if additional seasoning is needed.
- Thinly slice celery, and slice grapes into halves
- Toast almonds (I often broil in the oven for a couple of minutes- don't take your eyes off of them, they brown quickly!)
- Combine the above ingredients in a large bowl with mayo. Start with about 1/3 cup and add additional until all ingredients are coated to your liking. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving.