Today I’m going to tell you about a decadent dessert that has been at our family get togethers for years- an easy, DELICIOUS Brownie Toffee Trifle!
Trifles are DELICIOUS No-Fail Desserts
This is a fantastic go-to recipe because the combination of flavors is awesome- There’s chocolate pudding, brownies, toffee bits, and whipped cream- there’s so much to love about this dessert!
One great thing about trifles is that it is really a hard dessert to mess up! This is truly a no fail recipe. If your brownies or cakes don’t come at as pretty as you’d like, nobody will know the difference when they’re layered with pudding and cream!
Cake or Brownies a little on the dry side? Trifle to the rescue! Your brownies will soak in moisture from the pudding and cream and become soft and wonderful. In other words, this is not only a completely delicious recipe, but it’s also a no-fail recipe. Hooray!
How to Make a Brownie Toffee Trifle
First, prepare one package of brownie mix (or of course you can use homemade if you like) and bake in a 9×13 pan. *I usually use Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Mix but anything goes! You’re going to break up your finished brownies into smallish to medium sized chunks and try not to eat them (:
Next, prepare one large box of chocolate instant pudding according to package instructions. You’ll want to use full fat, or at least 2% milk because pudding made with skim milk doesn’t thicken in the same way. (We use whole milk).
Have a large container of cool whip thawed and ready to go, as well as your toffee bits or crushed Heath bars.
Now the fun can begin!
My first choice is to build this dessert in a trifle bowl or glass bowl so that you can see the beautiful layering when the trifle is finished. So dramatic!
I started with a layer of the brownies, followed by a layer of pudding, a sprinkling of toffee bits, a layer of cool whip, and then repeated.
And here is our beautiful Brownie Toffee Trifle all dressed up and ready for the party. If you want to up the chocolate factor, you can add a drizzle of chocolate syrup, but it’s really just for looks as this dessert is already very chocolatey (and SO goood.)
Thanks for stopping by! Don’t miss our other delicious recipes in our Recipes Section! Come back again soon! Also, if you give our Brownie Toffee Trifle a try, let me know about it in the comments! I think you’re going to love it. xo
- 1 Package Brownie Mix
- 1 Large Package Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix
- Toffee Bits or 8 Heath Bars Crushed (adjust amount to your liking)
- 1 Large container of Cool Whip, thawed
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and bake in a prepared 9x13 inch pan.
- Cool and crumble in to small -medium sized chunks
- Prepare pudding mix according to package instructions and chill 5 minutes to set.
- In a trifle bowl or glass bowl, add half of your brownies. Next, layer on half of the pudding, half of the cool whip, and a sprinkling of health bars. Repeat these layers once again.
- Garnish with toffee bits, or a drizzle of chocolate syrup, etc.
- Keep refrigerated until close to serving time.