There is nothing better than chocolate & coffee… and ice cream… and Oreos and whipped cream and toffee. Now I know having all of these ingredients in one place may seem like a dream, but guess what, I put them all together in an EASY Ice Cream Cake and it is every bit as delicious as it sounds.
If you are a fan of all things wonderful and tasty in life you will absolutely love this recipe which combines chocolate, chocolate, more chocolate, and COFFEE!!
This dessert is perfect for family gatherings, special occasions, and really whenever you need a little happy (: And the not-so-secret secret is that it’s super easy and quick to make! Just stack chocolatey ice cream sandwiches, coffee ice cream, Oreo pieces, Cool Whip, toffee, and you are good to go!
So what are you waiting for? Grab a spoon and dig in! <3
How to Make a Chocolate Coffee Toffee Ice Cream Cake
- Set out the coffee ice cream and place it in a large bowl to begin softening it.
- Line the chocolate ice cream sandwiches at the bottom of the 9×13 pan to create the first layer of the ice cream cake.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup over the chocolate ice cream sandwiches
- Crush Oreo cookies in a Ziploc bag and sprinkle the Oreo pieces over the syrup.
- Spread the softened coffee ice cream over the crushed Oreos.
- Sprinkle toffee bits over the ice cream.
- Layer Cool Whip to completely cover the coffee ice cream.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup on top as well as sprinkling additional toffee bits and crushed Oreo pieces. That’s it! Place foil over the top and allow to freeze for a few hours so everything can firm back up (if you can wait that long). (:
After a little time in the freezer, our dessert is ready to slice. Ahhhhh….
This easy ice cream cake not only tastes SO good, but the layers make for such a pretty slice! I put a dollop of Cool Whip on top and an Oreo just because…
Whenever I make this recipe, it goes fast!
Enjoy! If you’re looking for more favorite chocolate recipes, don’t miss our Oreo Chocolate Cupcakes, Easy Fudge Pie, or our Homemade Chocolate Brownies! OR, if you’re looking for a fruitier Frozen Dessert option, you will LOVE our Whipped Strawberry Delight!
- 9 Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 Half-Gallon Tub Coffee Ice Cream
- 6 oz. Chocolate Syrup
- 2 small tubs Cool Whip
- Oreos (we used approx. 24 cookies)
- 18 oz Bag Toffee Bits (I used Heath English Toffee Bits)
- Set out the coffee ice cream to begin the softening process.
- Line a 9x13 pan with chocolate ice cream sandwiches (I used 9 1/2 Target ice cream sandwiches, but sizes may vary, so just use enough to create the bottom layer)
- Drizzle and spread 4 oz. of chocolate syrup on top of the ice cream sandwiches.
- Crush 14 Oreo cookies in a Ziploc bag and sprinkle the crushed Oreos on the chocolate syrup.
- Spread the softened coffee ice cream on top of the Oreos.
- Sprinkle a 1/2 cup of toffee bits over the coffee ice cream.
- Spread a layer of Cool Whip over the coffee ice cream (I used about 1-1.5 tubs)
- Drizzle 2 oz. of chocolate syrup over the Cool Whip as well as sprinkling toffee bits and the remaining crushed Oreos to your liking.
- Cover with foil and freeze for a few hours before serving.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you’ll come back again soon. In the meantime, I’ll just be here with my ice cream cake (I’m not sharing). (: