Broccoli Slaw has been a favorite at our house for years. This Crunchy Ramen Broccoli Slaw version is SO quick to make because it uses ready-made broccoli slaw, and with a few add-ins like crunchy seasoned ramen noodles, sautéed slivered almonds, red pepper, onion, a little tanginess from apple cider vinegar, and a little bit of sweetness too- this slaw is packed with so much flavor!
This delicious recipe begins with one of my favorite things….crunchy ramen noodles and almonds sauteed in butter, and sprinkled with asian seasoning. I really could just eat this and be happy (:
Next, chop up a small onion and a red pepper or two. I love red peppers and so I often use two but use whatever you like…or throw in a yellow or orange pepper for even more color! I like to finely chop the onions… I’m not a fan of biting into a large piece of raw onion, but finely chopped, they are the PERFECT addition to the slaw.
I rinsed and drained two packages of broccoli slaw in a strainer, and into the bowl it goes. See? In just a few minutes, we’re halfway finished…
Now for a little tanginess & sweetness… mix up a quick sauce of apple cider vinegar, oil, and sugar. I love the flavor that this adds!
And now we pour it all over the broccoli slaw, along with the chopped onion and red pepper.
Mix it all up, and just before serving, top things off with the ramen noodles and almonds! I mix it in. It’s best to do this step right before serving and so if you’re taking this to a family gathering or pot luck, just put the crunchy ramens in a ziplock bag and add it once you get there. (You don’t want to loose the crunch before it’s time to serve it!)
I LOVE how colorful this dish is!
Other ways to dress up this Broccoli Slaw:
This recipe is perfect just as it is, but it also would be amazing with all sorts of delicious add ins like…
- cherry Tomates, halved
- crumbled bacon or bacon bits
- grilled chicken
- sugar snap peas
The list goes on and on, but you get the idea! Have fun with this recipe, and if you try it, I’d love to hear what you think!
- 2 packages Broccoli Slaw
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 2 (3oz) packages Ramen Noodles (Oriental Flavor)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Package (2 oz) slivered almonds (adjust amount to your liking)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Saute almonds and 1 1/2 packages of the ramen noodles in butter until light golden brown. Stir constantly to prevent burning.
- Sprinkle with 2 packages or the oriental seasoning from the ramen noodles and set aside
- Chop the peppers and onion and add to the slaw
- Mix the vinegar, oil, and sugar to combine. Then, add to the slaw/veggie mixture and toss until well coated.
- Add the crunchy Ramen mixture to the slaw just before serving so that it will retain it's crunchiness.