This crustless coconut pie is perfectly dreamy, with a custard-like, creamy filling. If you are looking for a super simple and delicious dessert and you love coconut, you’ve got to try this pie!
I found this recipe in my grandmother’s recipe box under the name Incredible Coconut Pie- she told me that she made it all the time when she was in college, and so with BeBe’s stamp of approval, I knew it had to be good!
How to Make the BEST Crustless Coconut Pie
- Here are our key players: vanilla, self-rising flour, melted butter, eggs, milk, and sugar.
- Combine your ingredients in a medium sized bowl (I used a whisk for this), and then stir in the coconut. That’s it!
- Don’t we all smile when pouring pie filling into a dish? (:
And here it is, fresh from the oven!
Oh so good. You can see from the photo how it has lots of moisture and a custard-like filling. I love it while it’s still warm!
Pie isn’t pie without a giant dollop of whipped cream (: I’ll show you how to make easy homemade sweetened whipped cream here!: homemade sweetened whipped cream recipe
Our cat, Pig, want’s a piece too. Sorry Piggy (:
No Self Rising Flour? Here’s a Substitute:
Self rising flour is flour with a little salt and baking powder already mixed in. If you don’t have the Self Rising Flour need for the recipe, this substitution will give you something very close:
The general rule is that you can make one cup of Self Rising Flour by combining 1 cup of All Purpose Flour with 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder and 1/4 Teaspoon Salt. Just whisk the ingredients together to evenly distribute the ingredients and you’re all set.
For this recipe, you only need 1/2 cup of Self Rising Flour, so just adjust the above amounts accordingly! (1/2 cup AP flour + 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder and 1/8 Teaspoon Salt- check my math, haha)
More Recipe Favorites…
I hope that you enjoy this recipe! If you love pie like I do, make sure to save my other pie recipes too! My favorite Key Lime Pie and Fudge Pie recipes are also extremely easy to throw together and taste so good! Every day is a good day for pie, so it’s good to have lots of options! (:
I’d love for you to follow me on Instagram and Pinterest for more favorite baking fun, and make sure to check out my Recipes Section for my full collection of favorites! Thanks so much for stopping by!
- 1/2 cup Self-Rising Flour
- 1 1/3 cup Sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Milk (I use 2 percent or whole)
- 1/4 cup melted butter (I use unsalted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (7 oz) Sweetened Flaked Coconut (I use Baker's Angel Flake Coconut)
- Combine Flour and Sugar
- Add eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla. Mix well and stir in coconut.
- Pour into Deep Dish 9 inch pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes (For me, it usually takes closer to 40 minutes). *Keep an eye on the pie and lightly cover with foil if it starts to become too brown on top.