Oh, how I love these easy chicken crescents! I fully support the idea that anything wrapped in a crescent roll will always be delicious. Especially when it has cream cheese in it. And chicken. And everything yummy in the world :).
When I was looking through my family’s recipe box for something new to make this one definitely stood out as a favorite, obviously, I mean just the name “Chicken Crescents” is enough to make my mouth water! I decided to give this recipe a whirl and they came out beautifully (and were so easy to make-yay!). I was super proud and happy with the result. It is honestly the best feeling to make a special dinner for your family that you know they will enjoy :D.
These delicious chicken crescents are filled with yummy cream cheese and chives, seasoned sautéed mushrooms, flavorful chicken, and crunchy bits of croutons – crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside and overall – YUM! This recipe has definitely earned a spot on my list of favorite dinner recipes.
Now I’ll stop talking about how yummy these little crispy bundles of goodness are, as long as you try it – I promise you won’t regret it. 😉
How to Make Easy Chicken Crescents
- Here are the ingredients we’re working with today: Chicken sliced into smallish pieces, sautéed mushrooms, cream cheese (with chives mixed in), and crushed croutons. (*I just picked up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.)
- After prepping the ingredients, (and working out my arm muscles crushing those yummy croutons with a rollin pin), I melted 2 tablespoons of butter and mixed it with the cream cheese.
- Afterwards I added in the mushrooms and chicken to the cream cheese, and suddenly, the filling was complete for these scrumptious chicken crescents! (This is the part where you can finally see everything coming together- so yay!) 🙂
- Now, we finally get to open up the crescent rolls (contain your excitement!). This is also where you get to go back to math class and cut eight right triangles out of the crescent dough – except its more fun than math 🙂
- Then, I put a little dollop of the mixture inside of each little triangle. Out of first hand experience, be careful not to go overboard with the filling – put just enough so that the crescent can roll over without the yummy filling spilling out! (Even though its okay if it pokes out a little bit 😀 )
- Then, as the anticipation builds, I brushed some butter on top of each of the little chicken crescents and topped them off with some crushed croutons. Which, by the way, added to the fact that this delicious dinner has EVERYTHING that I love! (Croutons are the best crunchy topping) 🙂
- In addition, these little crescents puff up to be much larger, so just make sure to spread them out on the pan to give them some room!
- After baking them for about 15-20 minutes, I took them out when golden brown and MMM…perfect! These exceeded my expectations- I’m kinda impressed with my crescent roll skills, haha. These really do taste amazing.
Depending on how hungry you’re feeling, one may be just enough…but I think two is perfect!
So go ahead and try this out, and believe me they’re just as fun to eat as they are to make! 🙂
- 1/2 cup crushed seasoned croutons
- 1, 3 oz. package of cream cheese with chives OR 1, 3 oz. package of cream cheese and 1 1/2 teaspoon of chives (softened)
- 1 Rotisserie chicken
- 1/3 cup sautéed mushrooms
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter (This is 2 Tablespoons melted for filling, 2 T melted for brushing on top, and 1 for sautéing mushrooms).
- 1 can of Crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush 1/2 cup of seasoned croutons into crumbs and set aside for later.
- Melt 2 T of butter.
- Combine the 2 T of melted butter and 3 oz. package of cream cheese with chives. (If you cannot find cream cheese with chives, I used 1 3 oz. package of regular cream cheese and stirred in 1 1/2 teaspoons of chives). Set aside.
- Saute a 1/3 cup of sliced mushrooms in a skillet with a tablespoon of butter. Salt and pepper to taste. Drain off any liquid and set aside to cool.
- Cut as many pieces as possible off of a Rotisserie chicken. I had about 3 cups.
- Stir the sautéed mushrooms and chicken pieces into the cream cheese and butter mixture.
- Separate crescent dough into 8 right triangles.
- Place a dollop of the chicken mixture on each crescent triangle.
- To roll up the crescents, start on the shortest side and roll until the mixture is completely (or mostly) covered. Do this for all of the triangles.
- Melt the other 2 T of butter and spoon the melted butter over the rolled up chicken crescents.
- Lightly coat the crescents with the crushed crouton crumbs.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool then time to eat! 🙂
Looking for More Easy Recipes that start with a Rotisserie Chicken?
Here are more favorites: