I love how EASY this Ham and Veggie Quiche recipe is to make, not to mention that it is downright delicious! (:
Quiche has always been a favorite food of mine, I could eat it for every meal..and I love it hot or cold! Whenever there are quiche leftovers in the fridge, I’m a happy girl.
One of the great things about quiche is that you can throw it together in no time, and can easily alter it to the add-ins that you have on hand.
For instance, in today’s quiche recipe, we’re using ham, zucchini, onions, tomatoes, and cheese (Yum!!)– but you could easily change things up and add squash or spinach…bacon, the options are endless (and all good)!
I love that quiche is so flavorful, it’s an easy way to work in some veggies, and the protein from the eggs & ham will fill you right up!
How to Make Easy Ham and Veggie Quiche:
- Here is a pie plate of our delicious key ingredients. Good things are about to happen! We used shredded white cheddar cheese, ham, zucchini, onions, and threw in a few sliced tomatoes for a little more color. You can swap in out the veggies that you like– you can also substitute bits of bacon for the ham.
- Sometimes this recipe turns into whatever we have in the kitchen. We’ve substituted peppers, squash, mushrooms, a little spinach–However, a good rule of thumb is that you’ll have about 1 cup or so of veggies to put along with your cheese, milk, and eggs.
- Add your egg mixture and place into the oven. Time for the magic to happen!
Deliciousness in every slice. This quiche is breakfast, it’s brunch, it’s dinner, it’s a snack- haha – or at least, for me it is. I hope that you love it too!
- 3/4 cup zucchini
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (we use white cheddar)
- 1/4 cup (or less) of diced tomatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk (we use whole or at least 2 percent)
- 1/2 cup chopped/cubed ham
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease the sides and bottom of a pie dish (we used a 10 inch)
Add the sliced zucchini, onion, tomato, ham, tomato and cheese to the plate and mix to evenly distribute.
Stir together remaining ingredients until blended and pour over plate.
Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.