Today I’m going to share the BEST and easiest recipe for roasted vegetables! These flavorful roasted vegetables taste amazing, and make the perfect side dish for any meal.
You can easily change up the vegetables used, but today I’m sharing my favorite combination of vegetables and seasonings for a healthy and delicious dish that is sure to please any crowd!
This is such a great recipe to keep in your file of favorites–whether you need a delicious side for dinner, or a crowd pleasing dish for a summer picnic or potluck.
Although I’ve written this recipe to be served hot, I eat the leftovers straight from the refrigerator all the time! It’s just that good!
The Best Recipe for Easy Roasted Vegetables- Step by Step
- First, slice your veggies! It’s best to slice your zucchini and squash into slices that are an equal thickness so that they will be ready to take out of the oven at the same time. I sliced mine to about a one inch thickness.
- Load everything into a 9×13 dish and sprinkle with basil.
- Next, it’s time to mix up our oil, oregano leaves, salt, pepper, and red wine vinegar. I love this combination of seasoning, and don’t skip the red wine vinegar, it gives it an extra tang that takes these veggies to another level! Coat the vegetables and bake until tender!
- Finally, when it’s time to serve, give the seasoned roasted vegetables a sprinkling of parmesan cheese- such a delicious combination of flavors!
That’s it! So easy and just plain good. Make sure to print or save this recipe so that you can impress your friends with your vegetable roasting skills at your next dinner party. Don’t miss our other easy and delicious recipes in our Recipes section!
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 Yellow or Orange Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion, sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced to about 1 inch pieces
- 1 squash, sliced
- One package mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried basil leaves (or 1/3 cup fresh chopped basil)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Sliced Tomato (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place sliced vegetables into a 9x13 dish, and sprinkle with basil.
- Mix together oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper and drizzle over vegetables, making sure to coat evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, stir. (If adding tomato, add now and toss to coat the vegetables. )Then bake for 15 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over veggies just before serving.