This Turkey Chili recipe is a favorite at our house- there’s just nothing like getting all cozied up with a bowl of turkey chili- and while we’re at it, let’s throw in some cornbread too– ahhhhh. SO good.
I love this chili during cold winter months, but I honestly love it year-round too. One of the great things about making chili with ground turkey is that it totally fills you up without feeling overly heavy. It’s just right.
So this recipe has several ingredients listed but it’s not difficult at all to make– a spice of this, a can of that, some ground turkey and onions…and before you know it, it’s finished. You’re going to love this, and if you’re making it for your friends or family, they’re gonna love it too (and they’ll think you spent hours making it)!
Most of the spiciness in this turkey chili comes from the chili powder as well as the Mexican style stewed tomatoes–if you’re looking for even more spice, just add more chili powder. For me, it’s perfect just as it is!
How to make the BEST Turkey Chili
You’re going to love how quick and easy this chili is to make.
- First, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and turkey and cook for 3 minutes or until done, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in chili powder and the next 8 ingredients (through tomato juice)
- Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
That’s it! You can serve this chili just as it is, but it’s amazing over rice or with a GIANT slice of cornbread! See below the recipe for our favorite cornbread recipe!
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 14 oz can Mexican style stewed tomatoes (with jalepeno spices and peppers), undrained
- 1 (5.5 oz) can tomato juice
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar
- Heat oil in large nonstick skilled over medium high heat
- Add onion, bell pepper, and turkey & cook for three minutes or until done, stirring to crumble
- Stir in chili powder, and next 8 ingredients (through tomato juice)
- Bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice or with cornbread
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you love this recipe– if you make it, be sure to let us know it the comments!