This recipe for Homemade Brownies is my grandmother’s recipe, and they are perfection!
I don’t think I’ve ever met a brownie that I didn’t love, but there’s just something about homemade brownies that makes them extra special! This recipe isn’t hard to make, and the end result is a batch of brownies that is sure to bring rave reviews! Just the smell of brownies baking in the oven is reason enough to make these. There’s just nothing better!
How to Make Brownies from Scratch:
- First, we melted our butter and chocolate, and then added beaten eggs to the mixture.
- Next, I added everything else *except for the nuts–the sugar, flour, salt, and vanilla & blended.
- Finally, we stirred in the chopped pecans. That’s it!
With instructions this simple you just have no excuse to skip the brownie mix and make a batch from scratch at least once! You won’t regret it. Scroll down for the full recipe!
One thing that I love about these brownies is that they have just the right amount of chocolate. They are not overly rich (although I love myself a rich brownie on occasion) but they have fabulous flavor and I like to throw in some chopped nuts for an added boost of deliciousness and crunch.
Here is our pan of brownies fresh from the oven. SO good.
Even better with a glass of milk! I think I could stare at these pictures all day. haha
Make sure to save or print this homemade brownie recipe! It’s one that you’re going to want nearby for the next time that you have a craving for something chocolatey.
Thanks for stopping by, and don’t miss our other fantastic recipes in our recipes section! We even have a delicious Brownie Trifle Recipe with chocolate pudding and whipped cream that will take your love of brownies to a whole new level!
These delicious homemade brownies have just the right amount of chocolate- we love to stir chopped pecans into the batter!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 ounces baking chocolate (we used semi-sweet)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
Grease and Flour 9x13 inch pan and preheat over to 350
- Melt butter and chocolate over low heat.
- Beat eggs and mix with butter and chocolate
- Add sugar, flour, salt, and vanilla- blend. Stir in pecans.
- Spread into prepared 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
Leave a Reply