This homemade sweetened whipped cream recipe is one of those recipes that everybody needs to know– it’s reason enough to keep heavy cream on hand at all times! Your pies, cakes, and hot chocolate are naked without it (:
How to make Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Whipped cream couldn’t be simpler to make with just three ingredients: heavy cream, vanilla, and confectioners sugar.
- I like to chill my bowl and beaters (I use a hand mixer for this) in the freezer for about 10 minutes before whipping.
- Pour your cold, fresh-from-the-refrigerator cream into the chilled bowl along with your vanilla and sugar.
- Whip at medium-high speed until medium to stiff peaks form but be very careful not to over-beat or your whipped cream will look curdled. When you remove the beaters from the bowl, the cream should form medium to stiff peaks- it should be nice and billowy and hold it’s shape nicely.
I like to whip up a batch of whipped cream right before I need it. If your bowl of whipped cream sits too long before using it, it may deflate ever so slightly but you can rewhip it and it will fluffy back up again.
Enjoy the recipe! The measurements are very easy to adjust. This makes about 2 cups of whipped cream and so you can easily adjust the measurements up or down depending on how much whipped cream you need.
- 1 cup heavy cream, cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
- Chill your mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for about 10 minutes (I like to use a hand mixer for this but you could also use the whisk attachment of your stand mixer).
- Add cold cream to the bowl along with the confectioners sugar and vanilla. Whip at medium-high speed until medium to stiff peaks form. This happens very quickly, do not over-beat or it will take on a lumpy consistency.
- The whipped cream is ready when you lift out the beaters and the peaks hold their shape nicely.