I love Rice Krispies treats – I love how simple they are to make, how yummy and gooey they are straight out of the pot, and how crispy they are once they’ve had a chance to cool.
Today I’m going to share the BEST EVER Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats–if you haven’t tried this version of Rice Krispies Treats, you don’t know what you’re missing (and you need drop everything and save this recipe immediately).
The simple addition of peanut butter to the amazingness that is Rice Krispies Treats is next level deliciousness- I don’t know why I haven’t tried this combination a long time ago! Completely addictive.
The extra drizzle of chocolate on top makes for the perfect sweet and salty, peanut butter-chocolate combination, which is oh-so-good both for my taste-testing parents, and myself for a lil pick me up! 🙂
I recommend this recipe for anyone, especially if you’re looking to make something quick and easy since this is just like my easy Rice Krispies recipe bit with a couple of (very important) additional ingredients.
So go on – try it for yourself! They are so easy, you really have no excuse to make a batch of them as soon as possible, and I promise, you fall in love with them.
How to Make Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats
First, take out a large pot and melt a 1/2 cup of butter on low heat (make sure not to brown the butter!).
Once the butter has melted, stir in 10 cups of mini marshmallows with a spoon or spatula coated in a thin layer of butter or shortening in order to make in non-stick. In addition, add vanilla and a pinch of salt. Stir the marshmallow mixture on low heat until melted.
Afterwards, add a cup of peanut butter and continue to stir it into the marshmallow mixture until fully combined and smooth. (Sorry no picture of this step- I totally forgot!)
Then, add the Rice Krispies cereal to the mixture, folding it in with a spatula that is still coated in butter or vegetable shortening until well combined.
Use your spatula or spoon to fill a lightly greased 9×13 pan with your Rice Krispies mixture, spreading and pressing it in. It will take about an hour for it to cool down and set up.
For the chocolate drizzle, melt your mixture of chocolate chips and oil in 15 second increments in a microwave until fully melted (make sure not to burn it!).
Once it has melted, fill up a piping bag or a Ziploc bag with a corner snipped off with the chocolate mixture and drizzle away!
Once the chocolate has set up (if you can stand to wait those additional minutes), dive right in! You won’t be disappointed- these peanut buttery Rice Krispies Treats aren’t going to last long. Whip up a batch today 🙂
Make sure to check out the classic version of Rice Krispies Treats from our Dessert Recipes section also!
Looking for More Peanut Butter Desserts? Try these other Favorites!
Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes
Whipped Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Cups
Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats
Easy and Delicious Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats!
- 1/2 cup Butter (I use unsalted)
- 10 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1 cup Peanut Butter (I used Jif Creamy PB)
- 10 cups Rice Krispies Treats (buy a 12 oz. box)
- Pinch Salt
- 3/4 Teaspoon Vanilla
For the Chocolate Drizzle
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Melt butter over low heat. Don't brown it.
- Coat Spoon/Spatula with vegetable shortening or butter to make it non-stick.
- Add marshmallows. Add vanilla and salt. Stir over low heat until melted. Stir in peanut butter until well combined.
- Add cereal to marshmallow & peanut butter mixture and stir with spatula lightly coated with butter until well combined.
- Butter/lightly grease a 9x13 pan or dish and fill with the cereal treat mixture.
- With a lightly greased spatula or back end of a large spoon, spread and press the mixture into the pan. (It will take about an hour for them to fully cool and set up.)
For the Chocolate Drizzle
- Add chocolate chips and oil to a small microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave in 15 second increments until melted and smooth.
- Load into a disposable piping bag or Ziploc bag with the tip/corner snipped away and drizzle of the cereal treats.
Leave a Reply